1. Develop a relationship with one of our professional team who specialise in your preferred area. Your Century 21 - Canterbury/Westland - Crest Realty Ltd - MREINZ Sales Consultant will be able to advise you of any additional information you may need and also inform you how you can register on our website to automatically receive notification of any new listings that hit the market.
2. Prepare a short list of preferred suburbs that suit your lifestyle, bearing in mind affordability and accommodation requirements.
3. Research sales in those preferred suburbs. Inspect every property in your preferred suburb so you have a feel for the prices. Attend all open homes in the area.
4. Speak with your financier or your Finance Consultant to arrange the best loan to suit your needs. Your Century 21 - Canterbury/Westland - Crest Realty Ltd - MREINZ Sales Consultant will be able to put you in touch with a mortgage broker or financial institution if you do not currently have one
5. When you find a property that suits your requirements, ask your agent to send a copy of the sale contract to your solicitor or conveyancer.
6. If you are considering making an offer, we recommend that you contact your Century 21 - Canterbury/Westland - Crest Realty Ltd - MREINZ Sales Consultant promptly who can guide you if you are in any way unsure of the process.
7. Following your solicitors or conveyancer's advice on the sale contract, you are now able to make an informed decision to proceed with the purchase of the property.
8. Once negotiations have been finalised, you will be required to sign the sale contract and pay a deposit. Your deposit will be held in a trust account until confirmation of settlement. Prior to settlement day it is advisable that you do a final inspection before settlement takes place. This is to ensure that the property is in the same condition as when you last inspected it, and that all inclusions are as per the contract you signed.
CONGRATULATIONS YOU NOW OWN YOUR OWN HOME !!!!